I must be showing my age; fastly approaching 50. I remember growing up and my surroundings being less edgy, pushy, and demanding. Granted, the last 20 years have included major life changing situations that are making more appreciative of those simple times.
All of the cliches about it being easier when your kids get older, or achieving your education goals will open up opportunities is bull shit. My kids are evolving into adulthood much faster then I expected, but as a single mom, I have placed some expectations on them unintentionally to encourage independence and self reliance that sometimes backfires on me. I'm happy they have those skills, but sometimes I think they forget me as mommy and are unappreciative about all of the sacrifices I make so they can live in comfort. There is always something!
Bleah... well, I guess I should just reflect on those simple times on occassion and appreciate all the good things in my life
No comments:
Post a Comment